Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Kadai Paneer gravy



First of all I want to say 2 things to you. First a big 'HI' :) and second I haven't taken step wise pictures for this recipe neither did I do the food styling. I tried this one for yesterday dinner and it came out really well so I wanted to share with you all :D

Yeah... It's been a long gap to my blogging.. almost 3 months, I think so. I have been to India in December and it was a bit long holiday. Visiting family, friends, relatives and all it went so soon that 2 and half months went just like that :( Getting back here to UK is always a hard part after every vacation and the most hardest part is getting back to your normal routine. Seriously!! :-s

Now to Kadai paneer gravy. I have tried kadai paneer dry type so many times but when we are having pulao or rice we want some sauce to go with that. So I started searching for kadai paneer in gravy mode. I came across this recipe in 'Sharmis passion' website. I made a small change in recipe and it came out just as I expected =D>

Yields : 4-5 servings

Ingredients:

1. Paneer- 250 grams
2. Onion- 1 big chopped finely
3. Tomatoes- 4 medium
4. Ginger garlic paste- 1.5 tbsp
5. Tandoori masala powder- 2 tsp
6. Garam masala powder- 1 tsp
7. Capsicum- 1 cup chopped
8. Salt- to taste
9. Oil- as required
10. Milk- 1/4 cup
11. Kasuri methi/dried fenugreek leaves- 1 tsp

To roast and grind:
1. Red chillies- 4 -5
2. Coriander seeds- 3.5 tsp

*Dry roast the above ingredients and grind it to a smooth powder.
*Grind the tomatoes in a mixer to a smooth puree.

Method:

1. Heat oil in a pan. Saute onions until it turns slightly golden brown. Then add the ginger garlic paste and saute well until it's raw smell goes.
2. Add the grounded dry masala and saute for a minute.
3. Add the pureed tomatoes and saute well until it reduces and raw smell goes. Mean while in an another pan roast the capsicum by drizzling some oil.
4. Add the tandoori masala powder, garam masala and required salt. Mix well.
5. Add bit of water and let it boil well.
6. Add milk and mix well. Let it boil for 2 mins and add the paneer.
7. Cover cook until the paneer is cooked well.
8. Finally add the capsicum, mix well and let it cook for 1-2 mins.
9. Add kasuri methi on top and switch off the stove.

You can have this kadai paneer gravy with phulkas, rotis, rice, pulao etc.

I will post the step wise pictures when I make next time :)





No comments:

Post a Comment