Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Pepper mutton semi-dry


I am a hardcore non-veg person but when it comes to mutton, I'm always a step back. Somehow I don't like mutton. So I prepare only once in few months. I make some other dish for myself and eat a small piece of mutton as a side for the whole meal. But this time things were upside down. As usual I started eating my meal with one piece of mutton but after that I continued taking more lol. This side was really yummy, so soft and juicy. I didn't feel it as a mutton dish. 


Yields : 3-4 servings

Ingredients: 
1. Mutton- 500 g
2. Onion- 1 large sliced
3. Green chillies- 3 medium slit
4. Ginger-garlic paste- 1 tsp
5. Black pepper powder- 1 tbsp
6. Jeera/cumin powder- 3/4 tbsp
7. Curry leaves- few
8. Coconut oil/any other oil- 1.5 tbsp
9. Salt- to taste
10. Coconut- 1/4 cup
11. Coriander leaves- to garnish

To cook mutton:
1. Garam masala powder- 1 tsp
2. Black pepper powder- 1 tsp
3. Salt- to taste
4. Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
5.Water- 1/2 cup

Method:


1. Add the cleaned mutton in a pressure cooker and add all ingredients under 'to cook mutton' table. Allow to 4-5 whistles. Don't worry if there is some excess water or mutton is slightly under cooked. We will cook it again in the coming steps.

2. Heat oil in a pan and add sliced onion and curry leaves. Saute well then add green chillies and saute it. 

3. Add ginger-garlic paste and saute till it's raw smell goes.

4. Add black pepper powder, cumin powder and saute for a min.

5. Add the boiled mutton, salt if required and let it cook until the masala coats well with mutton.

6. Add 1/4 cup of coconut and mix well. Let it cook till the oil separates from the sides. Garnish with coriander leaves and switch off the flame.

Serve this hot yummy pepper mutton with rice, porotta, chapathi etc

















No comments:

Post a Comment